Wednesday, March 23, 2005

They said it couldn't be done...

...so I didn't bother trying.

No seriously, tonight, I think I may have made personal history. The strangest thing happened - I got home from work, rather later than usual, parked up the car, exchanged a few words with the folks at home, nipped out to the Tap for a pint, went home and ate tea, spent an hour or so tidying round and sorting things out for tomorrow, then turned in for an early night.

Anybody who doesn't know me that well may struggle to spot the historic event amongst those. I often work late, I am generally a creature of routine so frequently keep things tidy and organised, in advance where possible and if I've been busy at work, it's not unusual for me to get an early night. "Nipped out to the Tap", hardly a historic occasion*, "for a pint, went home", I'm sorry, that is hitherto unheard of. Stopping for one pint when there were the usual friendly regulars at the bar, I had enough cash on me to indulge further should I have chosen, or to have had a bite to eat in there. No, for some reason, I decided that I would leave after just the one - hmm, most disturbing.

On the brighter side, we have a long weekend approaching and apparently this week, Thursday is the new Friday. I've a few things planned so I'll try and find the opportunity to make amends...



* gramatically correct or otherwise "an historic" never sounds right to me, even if they do say it on the BBC...

No comments: