Tuesday, March 15, 2005

And now the regional news...

From time to time, I like to check out the latest amusing news stories on the Ananova site, firstly, because there's some good laughs to be had and secondly because I can usually dig up some fodder to beat the "bloggers block" when it rears its head from time to time.

However, I was more than a little disturbed to find a recurring theme to many of the stories reported within the last month:

We should be all be grateful for at least one thing we've learnt from our parents, but this is quite a unique one

A lesson learnt here for someone trying just that little too much to impress his other half

"With this ring, I thee ..."

"Boss, is this a good time to discuss my payrise?"

"Nevermind Sweetheart, accidents happen..."

"When you've gotta go..."

At least in the midst of all this madness involving peoples nether regions, I was relieved to hear that at least this woman has a sensible approach as to how to protest against increasing street violence. I wonder if she has any idea how bad the streets of Grimsby are getting? She may even want to encourage a few friends to join a mass protest...

4 comments:

woja said...

I hereby volunteer to pretend to make the streets of Grimsby slightly less safe so that she (and her friends) will come and protest.


[Can we have a photo first?]

woja said...

Just realised how safe the streets of Grimsby are.

Perhaps I should suggest that they send a picture instead...

Seany said...

The only volunteer who has G-mailed me so far is here

Seany said...

Must get me some of those HTML lessons - took me three goes to post that last comment!