Thursday, March 10, 2005

It's good to talk...

I can't pretend to understand the current obsession with mobile phones and the people who seem to change them every week or so. I honestly thought that I had been as guilty as most as I can remember every model I've owned, but for 6 years, the list doesn't actually seem so excessive:

Motorola C520 - I wanted a mobile phone
Ericsson A1018S - it was a freebie and I could create my own ringtones
Ericsson T20S - I wanted a flip phone
Motorola V70 - no excuses, it was just something different
Sony Ericsson P800 - "toys for boys" 'n all that

I have had a P800 for a couple of years now and aside from being a bit bulky, it has enough gadgets and features to keep me out of mischief for a while yet.

In fact, before it appears on the comments page, I have owned two P800's but the first met with an untimely end following an unfortunate incident involving one of the toilets in the Tap. Strange, to this day, I can't even remember eating it.

However, the crime I am most guilty of now is that I cannot leave the house without it. For well over 30 years I survived without the need to carry a permanent comunications device but now it seems to have become an additional limb. I have seriously considered turning back after several miles from my way to work because I've suddenly realised my phone is still at home.

You would think that someone would invent a public telephone, possibly coin operated or something to help me deal with this angst...

No comments: