Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Higgledy Piggledy...

Following the unbelievable [lack of] interest in my previous limerick post, I've decided today's inspiration will be "heavily influenced" by the numerous comments contributed to Anna's second post on 26th January.

So how about double dactyls? For those unsure of the structure (and that included me until 25th January), Roger L. Robison summarises:


Double-Dactyl

Long-short-short, long-short-short
Dactyls in dimeter
Verse form with choriambs
(Masculine rhyme)

One sentence (two stanzas)
Hexasylabically
Challenges poets who
Don't have the time

Or for a fuller explanation check here. So here goes my attempt then:


Bliggety Bloggety
Seany O'Seany-C
Discovered poems at
Which he's inept

Such insecurity,
Hyperactivity
Kept him up blogging while
He should have slept


I thank you...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sean, ya crack me up something wicked with ya poetry thingymejig lol ! Keep it up - makes for good light hearted reading :)

See ya in the Tap soon dude,
Fil