Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Day 68 and counting...

Apparently today was National No Smoking Day and to be honest, I'm a bit pissed off at the lack of publicity this year, as it seems that in my 20 previous years as smoker I was made to feel like a leper for the day.

Of course, deep down I don't really give a damn as I'm into my 3rd month off the weed now and so far, show no signs of cracking.

If you're looking for encouragement or inspiration, all I can suggest is give it a go. You may just get lucky and find it as easy as I have (so far). What have you got to lose?

I wonder whether Red Nose Day this Friday is some sort of subliminal attempt at warding me off the beer? I wish them luck with that one...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy my gf today (Wednesday) is on Day One of giving up the fags aided and abetted by those nicotine patches...does this man I should take cover I wonder lol !

Seany said...

I wish her the best of luck Fil. Patches are supposed to be a great help but I can never do things the easy way!