Tuesday, April 11, 2006

What have I started...

I was convinced that yesterdays post brought the church bingo card up to date, assuming of course that I skip the suggestion from Cherrypie to take an overly scenic route home to find some more. (Although one of the churches mentioned is pictured in the original post.)

Anyway, driving home tonight, the same way as I've travelled for the best part of 10 years, I glanced across to look at the looming black cloud (even blacker than the one that usually shadows the town), when I spotted this on the horizon:



Now I always thought they took years to build, but I'm starting to believe that somebody somewhere is having a laugh at my expense...

5 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

for the past 3 years I've been driving past a church in Essex. Its meant to be quite interesting but I've never visited it yet. Must rectify that!

I must get up to North Lincs soon. Lots of churches on my list there!

Cherrypie said...

I didn't know there were so many church stalkers out there. Or do I just happen to have stumbled upon the weirdest two bearded bloggers? ( I'm not sure if Pete ACTUALLY is bearded but he is metaphorically).

I'm pleased none of your churches have been turned into awful pubs xx

The Quacks of Life said...

CP

I am beardless!!

check out some of the links under buildings now that guy is a church crawler

Seany said...

Most of these have only been seen from a distance so far. I was going to spend a weekend driving around and taking my own pics, but found a much easier way which saves petrol and means I don't have to brave the North East Lincolnshire "spring".

As for the beard thing, if my Dad's looking in he'll argue that mine doesn't really count. We joke that he has one of those Play-Doh chairs because he can turn from clean shaven to Del Boy's Uncle Albert over night!

DH59 said...

Now I have an image of Pete with a beard! Oh no!!

Like cherrypie, I didn't realise that this was a major pastime. I never thought of spotting churches till I met Pete. Not that I do now, I hasten to add. I look at some and wonder if Pete would be interested. I'm not sure what criteria would make it worthy of a visit, though.

A nasty case of converging verticals there! ;)