Saturday, April 22, 2006

Read all about it...

I think it was Eddie Izzard who said in one of his shows "Some people like to tell everybody they're widely read. Well I can't - I don't read a lot of books, in fact you could say that I'm very thinly read". Same goes for me I'm afraid.

I recent spotted a new Library Thing feature on Cherrypie's blog and thought I might "borrow" the idea as a nice little addition to this one. It's a great site where you can create a virtual library of all of your books, have a nose around to see who reads the same sort of things as you do, share reviews with people and so on.

So this morning, I ventured into the dreaded box room again and decided to dig out all of my books and set up my own on-line library. I have to say I was horrified by the small quantity of books I found in the house and to my complete shame, there are several listed in the library that I have never got round to reading. More to the point there are certain books which I'm certain I didn't sell in my e-Bay madness a couple of years ago such as the "Hitchhikers" four part trilogy, The Lord of the Rings trilogy and various other collections of humorous anecdotes and poems.

As I see it, there is only one solution - I obviously haven't quite finished moving house after all...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sold the Lord of the Rings trilogy? For shame!!!

Cherrypie said...

I never even thought about putting my Cook Books on there. I had over 80 but ruthlessly weeded about half a dozen of them out when I moved house ( they are still in a box in the garage where they are likely to remain until I move house again in another 10 years time)

I wondered what I should do with this insomnia. Thanks for the idea x

Seany said...

English Guy - I'm certain I didn't sell Lord of the Rings - largely because I know that I never got round to reading them all. Now there's real shame!

Cherrypie - imagine how lame my library would look right now without the cookbooks! If it wasn't for this idea, who knows when I would have discovered that there were so many missing. Looks like time to re-visit the parents' loft

delcatto said...

I don't know where to begin...my books are spread throughout three rooms.I'd need another few days off so I'll try to sell it to my boss!