Monday, April 10, 2006

Bingo update...

Believe it or not, I have actually been working on the Church Bingo post for quite a while. Although it originally started with casual observations from the car, I ended up tracing my route to work on the map, identifying the church towers, collecting photos and reducing them to appropriate thumbnail size.

As if that wasn't sad enough, I even double checked the map to see if there were any more likely candidates within viewing range and when I was confident that my collection was complete, I published the post.

Lo and behold, on my Billy-Whizz return journey home along the M180 this evening, I spotted this one:



It can only be seen on the way home and I suspect, only on a particularly clear day and I began to wonder whether there is some deeply theological or spiritual lesson to be taken from this exercise.

Or perhaps I'm simply not as observant or skilled at bingo as I thought I was...

1 comment:

Cherrypie said...

If you went home by the really really scenic route, I'm guessing you could add churches in Winterton, Winteringham, South Ferriby and even across the river in North Ferriby and Hessle.

And then Barton & beyond. Only if you wanted to though and didn't mind getting home an hour later than usual. Best not to venture near Ulceby after dark either.