Monday, November 27, 2006

Well, it pays the bills...

It is eleven years today since I... well, I don't know exactly how to describe this.

Joined the company? Not really, seeing as the company merged and changed name a little over two years ago.
Started my job? Not strictly true either as this is my fifth role there (although I'm pleased to say they've all been progressions).
First walked in the door? No, I'd been there several times previously as account manager when my previous employer supplied labels to them.
I started working in Scunthorpe (we know how proud I would be to claim that)? Well partly true, although I was based at our Grimsby site for four of those years.
OK, it's eleven years since I left the security of my steady job in a small pond to become a small fish in a very large one.

Funnily enough, I remember after the first few weeks, I'd decided it was the biggest mistake I'd ever made and started planning to move on again - clearly without success. So eleven years later, I'm still here; the pond has got bigger (as has the fish) and I'm still trying to figure out how I always seem to find myself swimming upstream in a pond...

2 comments:

woja said...

Congratulations? Sympathy? Commiserations?
Still, congratulations on two years of blogging (forgot to post that earlier in the month). My two years is coming up soon, too.

Seany said...

Cheers Woja - I'll take whatever's going!