Thursday, November 02, 2006

Car nt believe my ears...

A little over 2 months ago, you may recall my telling you that a local car dealership rang me to say they had some unbelievable offers on and could do a great deal if I'd consider trading in my car. To cut a long story short, despite a few fanciful ideas at first, I walked out a week or so later with a newer upgraded version of the same car. Just like I had the time before.

I don't think I mentioned it at the time, but the day before I was due to collect the new car, I had a call from one of their salesmen telling me that they had some unbelievable offers on and could do a great deal if I'd consider trading in my car. Feeling charitable, I decided to save him any further embarrassment and told him that one of his colleagues had just beaten him to it on the telesales list.

Well, guess who rang me tonight? Another salesman from the same dealership explaining that they were short of models of my particular car and could do me a great deal if I'd consider trading it in. Let me just remind you at this point that the cars have all been 1.6lt Ford Focus of some description or other and according to the logbooks, have never been owned by anyone famous.

It seems that despite my having assured him about my short-lived ownership, his offer is quite genuine so I've got an appointment this weekend to go and discuss what they've got to offer. This could be my opportunity to live out my original mid-life-crisis plan of buying something a bit silly, but I suspect I'll probably come away with yet another Focus...

No comments: