Saturday, November 25, 2006

An encouraging start...

As intended, a Friday night in and an early start this morning; everything went exactly to plan and by 10:00am I'd bought all the presents I set out to buy from exactly where I'd intended to buy them. None of that e-shopping angst for me this year thank you very much.

Time to grab a quick cuppa with the folks whilst in town and then set off home through the millions of people who'd obviously also decided that today was a good day to start preparing for Christmas. Still, I got home without too much delay and managed to get all the presents wrapped this afternoon.

The next challenge will be trying to pick an opportune time to get the food shopping in before the hoardes descend on Tesco. I suspect another early morning start may do the trick - the widespread panic buying is bound to kick off before too long. After all, we've only got 1 month to go before the big day and they are only open... hmm... oh yes, every single day and most of those for 24 hours...

No comments: