Wednesday, May 03, 2006

X marks the spot...

It's local election day tomorrow which aside from providing a moments infantile amusement for the local Chinese community, puts me in a bit of a quandry.

As this is my first election since I moved into the area, I have no real indication of how effective any of the candidates are aside from reading the literature that poured through the letterbox. Unfortunately, only one leaflet for one candidate "poured" through so I can't even weigh up the competition.

Determined to do my democratic bit, I searched our council website and found the candidates who are standing in my ward and searched for more info on them both, but with little success.

I've always firmly believed that any vote is usually for the "least worst" candidate as I always seem to be picking the best of a bad job, but equally, democracy should not be taken for granted and at least by casting my vote I am entitled to witter (and possibly blog) about the consequences.

I would settle for "eenie, meenie, miney, mo" except of course that it's no longer politically correct...

No comments: