Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It's better to give...

After a high speed internet shopping spree on Sunday evening, I was delighted to see all of the family birthday presents had arrived when I got home today.

Obviously, I can't say what they are as there is always a chance that they may be looking in but I think they will all be pleased. I know it's a cliche but I genuinely do get as much if not more fun choosing presents for people as I do by receiving them. I can say without fear of contradiction that none of them will have the slightest clue what they're getting and they won't be finding out from me either- that's all part of the fun.

I truly believe that if you have to ask somebody what they want, then you probably don't know them well enough to buy them a present in the first place. Equally, I've never understood how people get away with gift vouchers - you may as well be honest and say "I can't be bothered to think of anything, go and get it yourself"

21 days and it will all be over again for another year; well at least until October when my niece turns seven. We are the only two of the family who aren't swept up in this 5 week birthday season, which also means that when they do come around, we get to enjoy our birthday celebrations all to ourselves for that little bit longer.

Now there's a nice sentiment...

No comments: