Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Hardly bowled over...

You may have read my recent post about my beginners luck at ten-pin bowling, well last night we thought we'd give it another go and this time, invited my Mum to join us 'cos she's always up for a bit of a laugh.

The fact that I got my arse well and truly kicked is of no consequence at all in the overall scheme of things to go awry that evening. I won't go into detail just yet, but I doubt that I have ever been faced with such a barrage of piss-poor customer service in my entire life. Having worked in a Customer Service environment for over 20 years in some form or other, I never cease to be amazed at the levels some people these days can stoop to and apparently get away with. Verbal complaints on the actual evening seemed to be falling on deaf ears so further action was required.

Inspired by Mosh, who frequently puts pen to paper to vent his wrath (and more often than not, with effective results) I decided to do likewise. Now in the name of common decency, despite the appalling way we were treated, I will extend the courtesy to the manager in question by not posting a copy of the letter until he has had fair chance to read it (although given his attitude on Tuesday night, I doubt he will bother to reply).

Seany rants. It's official. Watch this space...

No comments: