Monday, April 18, 2005

Latest Results...

I'm proud to say it's now 108 days since my last cigarette and it's also two weeks since I started my new "healthier lifestyle" routine. As I think I have said before, I am very much a creature of habit and as long as I have a routine to stick to, I seem quite capable of accepting change.

There's no major science behind it, I'm just following the Slim Fast diet, a few gentle exercises first thing in the morning and half an hour on the treadmill in the evening. In fact, some nights, I even switch the treadmill on for the last minute or two.

The important thing for me is that I'm only following this from Monday to Thursday which gives me Friday night and all day Saturday to do all the "bad" things (plenty of beer, steak dinners, etc) and Sunday as a recovery day.

So the results after the first two weeks:
Weight: lost 11lbs
Waist: lost 2 inches
% Body Fat: down 2%
BMI: down 1.5 points

If you're interested in how any of these measures are calculated, take a look here.

In the meantime, I've still got a long way to go before people start mistaking me for Kate Moss, but perhaps that's something to do with my goatee...

No comments: