Sunday, April 24, 2005

Cheers George...



Yesterday was St George's Day and yet again, it seemed to pass almost without mention in the media, hardly any local events organised in his honour and still no sign of a national holiday (not that I'm bothered about the holiday thing because my latest contract states that I am required to work "if there is a business need")

Well I wasn't going to let it pass without tribute so I nipped out to the local Sports Soccer store and bagged a couple of bargain England shirts. The first one being the new football shirt and the second a generic rugby shirt. Why the bargain? Well the football shirt was £32 (not particularly cheap), but came with a £5 voucher off your next purchase. The rugby shirt was on a clearance rack for £5.99 so effectively, I got it for just 99p!

As for the rest of the day, rather unsurprisingly, it was spent in the homely environment of our traditional English local, enjoyed a traditional lunch of Cumberland Sausage, washed down with several pints of traditional English ale and we even indulged in a few gin & tonics as it was the only traditionally English drink I could think of other than tea.

Pretty much like any other Saturday then...

No comments: