Tuesday, April 19, 2005

More on art...

(or more accurately, moron art)

After my little rant yesterday, I really wanted to opt for the more tranquil approach this evening. How about another art review? It is quite a while since I posted my last one.

Well I'm sorry but almost five months on and I've apparently learnt nothing - I still don't get it. I heard on the news this morning of an chap called Mark McGowan who will be exhibiting pictures of himself scratching the paintwork on 47 cars in London and Glasgow. What a talented individual indeed. We have gangs of the little tossers who perform the same act regularly round our way with no yearnings for artistic fame whatsoever.

The poor victims are supposed to feel priveleged that their vehicles have been chosen as part of his project. Really? I hope they manage to track him down and work on a collaborative piece entitled "bat to face"...

2 comments:

woja said...

Some you win, some you lose. Apparently, the story wasn't all it seemed: see The Guardian for a short denial.

Seany said...

Hmmm. I wonder what happened to my original reply?

Anyhow, true or otherwise, with "Strathclyde's finest" on his trail (as the BBC put it), his sudden about turn would seem a sensible health preservation measure...