Friday, July 07, 2006

Watch your step...

There's been much publicity recently around continued efforts to protect our environment and I grew curious to find out exactly what my carbon footprint was (other than a dirty great black size 10).



I'm clear on what it means, but now thanks to the BP Carbon Footprint Calculator, you can measure your own. Mine works out at approx. 7 tonnes of CO2 per year, which I'm pleased to say is less than the UK average of 9.85.

And that's not counting the CO2 of wasted breath I spout at work five days a week...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did my "footprint" check and I scored an 8. Not too bad considering the average in this country (US) is 18.58. Must be my British frugality kicking in....

Seany said...

That's impressive Pete given how cheap fuel used to be out there. Does that include touring the city to find the cheapest petrol prices? I bet you can't get it for $1/gallon any more!

Anonymous said...

Long gone are the $1.00 a gallon days - now $3.00 (or 1.62 Pound in old werld money)....

Cherrypie said...

I was 7 too. You do find some interesting things to amuse us