Sunday, January 15, 2006

Well worth the wait...

I have been heard to comment several times that last Christmas was probably the best I've ever had and I think it's fair to say that my recent birthday and the associated celebrations have to be the best too.

It turns out that Mum has been working hard for well over a year tracking down all manner of people who I've not seen for years to celebrate with me last night. Old workmates, school mates, many of whom I've known since my age was still in single figures all turned up and showered me (not literally) with drinks and presents.

Dave provided an excellent buffet as always, John Boy did us proud with a superbly appropriate birthday cake:



Entertainment was excellent courtesy of The Elderly Brothers who provided much opportunity for sing-along and dancing with a guest spot featuring some well chosen songs by Roger Beard.

I was really humbled by the whole occasion and that so many people had gone to so much effort, so if any of you are reading this then please accept my heartfelt thanks. Of course, if you didn't make it, you missed one of our best nights out in a long time.

All I have left now to round off the partying is a three-day trip to Dublin. I'm sure that's destined to be another suitably sober occasion...

No comments: