Sunday, January 22, 2006

Clutching at straws...

It always amazes me how much more you can get done when you stay away from the pop for the weekend. However, still not much to blog about as unfortunately, all of my achievements today have been of the last minute domestic variety before the return to work tomorrow.

Made a delicious toad-in-the-hole with onion gravy for lunch; a first for me although I'm sure it's an old favourite for millions of students across the country.



Built a wardrobe (not exactly the most impressive achievement of my DIY history) and finally sorted out a load more clothes.



After only eight days, I finally got a taste of the birthday cake so I can personally confirm that the cake was as impressively tasty as it was decorated.



Finally, taking inspiration from Declan's comment yesterday, I waited until after dark and challenged the age-old myth as to whether carrots help you to see in the dark. Well, I'll let the results speak for themselves:



Or perhaps it's about time I got the microwave checked over...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GM crops or Sellafield manure.
As long as they don't muck about with barley and hops...