Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back down to earth...

With a bang I hasten to add.

Like millions of other people, today marked my return to work and despite the repetitive hammering on the snooze button, it was inevitable that eventually I would have to crawl out of my pit and make an effort. So I arrived this morning, brand new year, brand new attitude (?) and one minute late - great start. In the name of balance, I was 35 minutes late leaving tonight and I think that's more typical of how the year will continue (if only I can keep it down to 35 minutes).

On the subject of good intentions, I got the running machine set up this evening and gave it a trial run. Well, brisk walk to be more exact. Well, to be honest, by the time I'd cleared the dust from it, that was best part of a workout in itself.

The diet's off to a good start aswell. I've decided that with all of the festivities planned throughout January, surely I can't be expected to turn 40, help two other friends celebrate advancing years (I never said how many Em!) and survive three days in Dublin whilst all the time watching what I'm eating? So February 1st is the new start date. Unless I can find an excuse to put it off even further. For starters, the 1st of February is a Wednesday which is a lousy day to start anything. The first month in 2006 that starts on a Monday morning is May, but that is the month when the rest of the family have their birthdays. I've managed to find a plethora of excuses for delay in years gone by so why should this year be any different?

You know what they say, procrastinatation is the mother of... oh, never mind, I'll look it up tomorrow...

No comments: