Thursday, January 12, 2006

On being forty...

We had a really enjoyable night last night out for a few celebration drinks and I'm pleased to say that the milk thistle worked it's magic leaving me with a clear head this morning.

Next event is the "surprise" party on Saturday night, which although is clearly not actually a surprise, there's a lot of familiar faces from the past planned to make an appearance so I'm really looking forward to that.

Today then I opted for a sensible day away from any alcohol whatsoever and without moving much further than in front of the TV. In order to to compensate for the alcohol de-tox, I've also managed to eat up a load of the junk left over from Christmas which has been great.

So perhaps life really did start yesterday, but on that sort of lifestyle, I'm not sure how long it would last...

No comments: