Wednesday, January 11, 2006

So Life Begins Here Then...

So here we are and as of 3:45 this morning it will be my 40th birthday which means that in only a few hours time, Mum will almost certainly be joyfully(?) re-telling the story of my breech birth to the Tap regulars and confirming what an awkward sod I've been ever since.

If it's true what they say and life begins here, then what's the deal with everything that's gone on so far? Was that a trial run? A warm up? A rehearsal? Just for a laugh perhaps? Would I do anything different if I had the chance to start over? Probably not.

Like anyone else, I've had my fair share of diversity; young and less so, long haired and less so, skinny and less so, happy and less so, single and less so. I guess these are the experiences that contribute to us being the individuals that we are.

Well, if life begins here then I'm going to start with an official launch, except that rather than crack a bottle of bubbly open over my head, I'll settle for emptying a pint glass or two and enjoying a few days off work...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday youngster!
May the next 40 years be happy and eventful ( not in the Chinese 'interesting times' sense! ).
I'll have a pint ready for you when the Tap opens...once more unto the breech...

Anonymous said...

Ah that wonderful time of year again when I get to remind you that you're 11 years older than me for 19 days. Oops just gave my age away. Never mind. Happy Birthday sweetheart. xxx

Anonymous said...

Many Happy Returns of the Day!!

There is a Budweiser waiting for you in St Louis..... brewery that is...

Barb said...

totally random "happy birthday" from someone perusing 'globe of blogs'...my birthday as well. cheers!

Anonymous said...

Happy Bathdeee dude ! Hope ya have a good one and procure the finest of hangovers and many more lol !

All being well we'll see ya in the Tap over the weekend.

Fil