Friday, March 17, 2006

Paddy's Day...

This year I felt more compelled than ever to celebrate St. Patrick's Day following our most enjoyable trip to the Emerald Isle earlier this year. Well it wasn't for the lack of trying. I put away several pints of the black stuff (is it still PC to call it that?), Little Em & I enjoyed a lovely steak dinner and the usual Friday crowd were all present and in good form. However, for some reason I still felt compelled to call it a night at 10:00pm. I even cracked open a bottle of Jamesons when I got home and rang out for more food, but something still wasn't quite right.

Is it possibly because man-flu appears to be doing the rounds again? Maybe my alcohol tolerance has finally dropped back down to human levels?

No, I'm afraid it might be that in the back of my mind, I'm worried that when we face Ireland in the Six Nations tomorrow, we put up a similar display as we did against France last week. I'm no expert, but I can say without fear of contradiction that it wasn't much fun to watch. Let's hope the Irish team have more success in achieving inebriation tonight than I did...

No comments: