Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Yesterday's quick visit...

First clue, spot the difference between these two pictures:



No? Well to be honest I did doctor one of them from the original (another clue).

OK, try these two:



Still no? Well I suppose it helps if you actually know me.

OK, for at least ten years I've had this bump (or lipoma to call it by it's Sunday name) on the side of my forehead and because it's been checked and found to be harmless I never really bothered doing anything much about it. My GP did comment once that if I was sufficiently bothered, it could easily be removed. So yesterday afternoon with a bit of time to kill I thought I'd become sufficiently bothered and find out exactly how easily. Next thing I knew I ended up with an appointment for minor surgery this afternoon.

Completely pain free, and after only 15-20 minutes there it was, gone. I can't say I'm going to miss it and although the local anaesthetic is taking it's time to wear off (better that way round I suppose), I'm having fun working on my Roger Moore impressions whilst my left eyebrow appears to have a will of it's own...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should always listen to your parents.." I'll have less of your lip son."

Seany said...

I figured if I have to walk around with stitches in my forehead, best do it while Mum's out of town. Otherwise someone is bound to be straight on the phone to Esther...

Anonymous said...

I had a mole removed, ya see it played havoc with the garden ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow! And I thought you were growing me my own little Seany to keep in the cupboard under the stairs, only to be allowed out to make me cups of tea.

Seany said...

Em - I thought those were your plans for the big Seany - does that mean I can come out now?

Anonymous said...

message from nick. Perhaps the big lump at the front should be next.

Seany said...

Below the waist - the lump's not that big, it's just a rumour I'm happy to perpetuate

Around the waist - that's been there for far too many years to get rid of in just 15 minutes. Although I'm still on the look out for diet Hobgoblin...