Thursday, June 09, 2005

Virtual existence...

I've been stricken down with the infamous "man-flu" again this week which has caused me a couple of days off work for the first time since January.

For most of the time I was practically unable (i.e. not bothered) to get out of bed, and so have managed to put the cordless optical mouse to good use and continued some [decent] internet activity from the comfort of my sick-bed, between gargling down Beechams Cold & Flu Plus by the gallon.

Non-active achievements this week include:

Keeping up to date with Big Brother (several seconds of entertainment there)

Paid a couple of bills

I now have a mortgage agreed in principal

Reviewed all advertised properties for sale with all of the area's estate agents and drawn up a shortlist to view over the weekend

Bid for a load of unwanted items from e-Bay (only won one so far)

Searched to see what I can get for some of my rubbish on e-Bay (not a lot)

I'm pleased to say that I returned to work this morning (I'm not really very good at stringing out the man-flu excuse) and I've probably ended up busier over these two days off than I would have done at work, but at least I had the option of legitimately packing in and going to sleep for a couple of hours.

More importantly, I've recovered in time for the weekend. I propose getting the house-hunting out of the way as early as possible and getting down to some serious business in the Tap...

No comments: