Saturday, June 11, 2005

Just a bit impulsive...

I don't remember house-hunting being as difficult as this.

Bearing in mind this had all started three weeks ago when a really nice end-terraced house came up for sale just around the corner from where I am now and the viewing showed it to be a real bargain for a very well maintained and completely appropriate house.

This time armed with my mortgage offer in hand, I went to see two other properties last night:

First one, a semi-detached bungalow about three miles from the town centre. Excellent condition, within my price range, complete with all kitchen appliances and various other goodies. Will suit me just fine. That's it then. Mind made up. Forget about the really nice end-terraced I'd had my eye on until now.

Out of courtesy, I ought to take a look around the other house seeing as I've made an appointment. Hmmm, this is better still and it's more central to the towns amenities (oh dear, I'm starting to write like an estate agent). I would need buy more appliances & furniture, but it is a bigger and better property in great condition and in a really pleasant area of town. It is a bit more expensive, but still comfortably affordable.

Only one thing for it - off to the Tap for some quiet contemplation (followed by several less-quiet pints of Hobgoblin). Just as an aside, entertainment last night was courtesy of an excellent singer/songwriter called Si Nicolls, a very talented and funny guy. If you get the chance to see him play you really should.

So this morning after much deliberation (well, almost an hour) and still in a quandry as to which would be the most suitable, I made a snap decision and put an offer in on one of them.

Which one? Well that would be telling. I'll keep the blog updated with progress as events unfold over the next few days...

No comments: