Friday, June 03, 2005

Long time no blog...

I can't believe I've managed two whole weeks without adding anything to the blog, but in my defence, I have been a busy little bee.

Firstly, I have decided to re-join the leagues of grown ups and kit myself up with a mortgage with a view to becoming a man of property again. If previous experience is anything to go by, it should be a good indication that house prices will stabilise now for the next 25 years or so.

I have also spent a bit more time "darn sarf" getting all of the family birthday celebrations out of the way. From hereon in, 2005 is all about looking after number one for a while.

The most amazing occurence over the last couple of weeks was during a trip to Legoland in Windsor last Friday. For starters, everybody should go to Legoland - it is a really impressive day out and well worth the money. We had spent so much of the day filling our faces and going on rides that we had to hurry round "Mini Land" at the end of the day which was a real shame. However, during this last minute dash I spotted these four models (click on pictures for larger image):






Now unless I'm very much mistaken, these are the Dock Offices, Corporation Bridge, the Dock Tower and Spillers Mill; four well-known Grimsby landmarks that apparently now receive national recognition having been immortalised in Lego. Well who'd have thought that...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the most obvious sign that the property market has peaked in Grimsby with Mr Seany buying a new home. (Time to sell everyone.)

A very impressive Legoland display. Did you find an Arrrrchhhh?!?!

Glad to see you are back at the blog.

Anonymous said...

Very impressed with your photographic research...
You must have spent hours, nay, days taking the appropriate pics...PS on unconnected note...are you man enough for a piano duet with woja at open mic 17th june...ask him for location...(haven't warned him yet...but will do lol!)

Seany said...

Thank you both.

Pete - No aaarch in Legoland UK yet but if we build one as part of Grimsby's top town redevelopment - who knows?!

Rockh - probably not. As you know, I am famed for my lack of bottle when it comes to live performances!!! I will mention it when I see him next though.

Anonymous said...

If I can sing on my own, (badly!) with knees knocking and voice quavering as the biggest chicken out...anyone can!...Go on, Seany, have a go...we'll book you in for a couple of songs, then, ok? Woja will hold your hand and I bet you are brilliant

Seany said...

I thought you were very good actually, oh and Woja can't hold my hand any more (restraining order 'n all that!)

Joking aside I do have other plans for the 17th but realise that after my last couple of musical(?) outbursts, the clock is ticking and I can't get away with it for much longer!

Anonymous said...

too right....the clock is ticking and do you really need to wax your goatee on that particular night? Get plonking, there are too few of us out there!
(I have slight reservations about your hearing, however!)

Anonymous said...

Yes indeedy we need more plonkers in the Tap !

Anonymous said...

There's nowt wrong with plonkers!!! (in spite of what Del-boy says!) And throw in a bit of squeezing on the lovely accordion, too...don't want those guitarists taking over EVERYWHERE...