Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Ear, What's Goin' On...

So another fun packed week flies by.

Things have started at a healthy pace on the house front. The survey fee is paid and they've already been in touch with the vendor to make arrangements. The official mortgage application has gone off with 267 different proofs of id, earnings, existence, etc. Instructions have been sent to my solicitor who apparently is on holiday until Friday (as he was about 14 years ago when I first contacted him) , but he has a reputation for being the best in town and from previous experience it is worth waiting a couple more days.

And all this with the use of one ear - yes the last bout of "man-flu" [cue dramatic music] has left me unexpectedly out of hearing in my left ear. After numerous attempts at self-diagnosis and treatment, I decided after a week with no improvement to make a rare visit to my G.P. Helpful as always (genuine, non-sarcastic comment) he sent me away with a shopping list for twenty quid's worth of various goodies including some steroid drops.

So aswell as a new home, I'm currently anticipating ownership of a huge muscly over-developed left ear...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh? Speak up I can't hear you...
I'll get me coat.

Seany said...

If I had a penny for every person who's said that over the last two weeks...






...I'd have 27 pence