Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year...

I can't believe that in around 6 hours, it will have been exactly a year since my last cigarette. I only made two resolutions last year; to quit smoking and to buy my own house. It may have taken a bit longer than I might have liked but it's good to be sat here on New Year's Eve 2005 with both resolutions firmly achieved.

Resolutions for 2006? I suppose it would be good to stay a non-smoker and to keep the house, but that's cheating I guess. I think I'll probably resuscitate an old favourite and resolve to lose some weight. I just need to decide how much and by when.

In keeping with tradition, I'll not be out celebrating tonight but I've plenty of booze left over from Christmas should I feel the need. If previous years are anything to go by, I'll probably toast in 2006 with a cuppa.

Anyway, whoever you are and wherever you are, I hope you enjoy your celebrations and that 2006 brings you everything you wish for.



'Ave a good 'un...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Sean...I'm also on the tea...bloody work!
Congrats on the resolutions and see you in 2006!!

Seany said...

Thanks Guys (and Gal!). Sure I'll see you all soon and I think we know where...

Anonymous said...

Happy new year to ya toooo !! Me n Cathy was in the Tap new year's eve and had a fine ole time of it, even the wobbly pavement on the walk home was in partying mode hehe !!

Fil