Sunday, December 04, 2005

Home Sweet Home...

Back to work in the morning and although it's been a hectic week, it's been worth parting with every bead of sweat along the way (and believe me, Seany sweat is an extremely rare substance).

Sure, there's still loads of unpacking to do and I can't get the new cooker plumbed in until Friday night but I'll have some fun turning out meals with what I've got in the meantime. First Sunday lunch today consisted of tuna steaks cooked in garlic & rosemary with potatoes, asparagus tips and baby sweetcorn - delicious if I say so myself. I ought to pass credit on to Dave from the Tap who introduced me to the idea a while ago and to the Tesco bargain bin for having all of the right ingredients at reduced price last week.

To say I've only been here a week, I'm already feeling really settled and look forward to getting into a new routine. Most impressively, the auto-pilot facility has already kicked in effectively. I woke up in my new home on both Saturday and Sunday morning, not entirely sure in either case how I got there.

So here's to my extended commute tomorrow and the anticipation of catching up with all of the exciting happenings while I've been away from the office...

No comments: