Wednesday, December 14, 2005

More festive progress...

Despite a late escape from work this evening and a couple of lengthy phone calls (why do people always call when you've got the least time to spare?), I still managed to get plenty more stuff unpacked & re-arranged. In addition, I put the finishing touches to the decorations in the lounge.

However, by far, the best achievement of the day was at lunchtime. On my way into work this morning I happened to be gazing around at my surroundings instead of looking where I was going and as if by some miracle, I spotted a furniture store that I'd never noticed before. During the overly generous 30 minute lunch break we have, I took a spin down there on the off chance that there may be a dining suite around and on the even more remote chance that I could collect it or even less likely get it delivered before Christmas.

Well guess what? I was in and out of the place in less than 15 minutes, considerably lighter in wallet but having just ordered one of the exact same suites I had been checking out on the internet a couple of weeks ago but couldn't get before Christmas. Better still, it's being delivered this Saturday afternoon! Take a look at this:



By my reckoning that leaves me just over 10 days and the main thing I have left to sort out is a supply of alcoholic beverages for everyone. If I say so myself, buying alcohol could hardly be considered one of my weaknesses.

Oh, and when I say everyone, I mean everyone I've invited for Christmas dinner. I would be more than a little extravagant to buy drinks for all of you...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget...santa likes sherry with his mince pie on you new table.
I'm sure I have broken four politically correct rules in the above sentence.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm thinks to myself..gonna dress up as Santa and hopefully there will be Guinness and JD on your table hehe !

Seany said...

With the booze I ended up buying today, there's probably enough to drown him