Thursday, December 08, 2005

Never let it be said...

(which is normally a prompt for one of my usual crowd to say it) ...that I have no sense of occasion.

After a pretty intense day of presentations at work today (of which my team were last to present, and at which point I thought I got an uneccessary grilling incidentally) I decided to have a night off from the unpacking and chose to do something a bit more frivolous. Having rustled up a pretty tasty chicken fried rice in my newly refurbished wok, I set to with putting up some Christmas decorations in preparation of young neice and nephew arriving over the festive period. In hindsight, my hallway is now somewhat reminiscent of a Santa's grotto but I thought I should make the effort. I haven't got any decent pictures yet, but you can get an idea here.

Problem is, we are now only 17 days from the big day, which is 16 days before they arrive and so far I haven't got anywhere clear for them to sleep, any dining furniture to sit and eat at, or even a cooker to prepare the meal on, to name but three insignificant problems. Having said that, the garage is looking pretty clear at the moment and I've seen my long service award barbecue in the HR office at work awaiting presentation so all may not be lost just yet.

All the same, sense of occasion? Quite possibly. Sense of priority? Probably not...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just liberate the bbq if you've not been presented with it by the time ya visitors arrive and get it fired up in the garden !