Monday, February 07, 2005

Just for good measure...

I've been a bit pre-occupied over the weekend and will be in London for the next couple of days but I thought I ought to leave something on here.

I've been finding these weights and measures conversions all over the place lately and I thoughf I would share a few of my favourites:

2.4 statute miles of intravenous tubing at Yale University Hospital = 1 I.V. League
2,000 pounds of Chinese soup = Won Ton
Speed of a tortoise breaking the sound barrier = mach turtle
Time it takes to sail 220 yards at 1 nautical mile per hour = knot furlong
365.25 days of drinking low calorie beer = 1 lite year
16.5 feet in the twilight zone = 1 Rod Serling
1/2 large intestine = semicolon
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahertz
Shortest distance between two jokes = straight line
Time between slipping on peel and hitting the pavement = 1 bananosecond
1,000,000 microphones = 1 megaphone
2,000 mocking birds = 2 kilomockingbirds
10 cards = 1 decacards
1 trillion pins = 1 terrapin
1 million billion piccolos = 1 gigolo
10 rations = 1 decoration
1 millionth of a fish = 1 microfiche

Get my coat? Another one?
I'll never get through the door at this rate...


1 comment:

Danielle said...

I can't believe I actually laughed at these... especially "bananosecond". What does that say about me?