Monday, January 17, 2005

Well isn't that typical...

When I first started this blog, I wasn't entirely sure what direction it would take and to be honest, two months later, I'm still not much nearer finding out. Originally inspired by the likes of the now legendary Scaryduck, I guess I always knew that I fell way below those dizzy heights in terms of both creativity and repetoire.

Yesterday when reviewing some of my earlier posts I realised that to date, it was mainly a mixture of rants and more recently gloats of my short term success in non-smoking. To remedy this, I thought I'd attempt a topical news post, linkng to some of the funnier news items I'd found and what happens? My headlining link has disappeared. I swear it was there yesterday "100lb girl eats 6lb burger", complete with ridiculous ads at the foot of the page. I even did a "Save as" in case of such an event, but now I can't retrieve it in the right format!

In hindsight, the laughable feature was one of the "Ads by Google" and I guess you should never bite the hand that feeds you. However, I'm still gutted that they've cut the story and that my link should die so young.

Twenty Major has a great word to describe people who do things like that...

No comments: