Saturday, January 15, 2005

So that was the catch...

Into my third non-smoking week now and still no cravings, or for that matter, even the slightest tempatation to light one up, all still without the aid of a safety net.

One minor point I had overlooked (or forgotten) is that as soon as your body realises that you've stopped, it goes into auto-clean mode and as a result, I have had the mother of all colds this week. OK, we're not talking man-flu here, we all know what a traumatic experience that can be, but bearing in mind one of the reasons for stopping was to improve my health, it still seems a bit unfair.

The other thing I've been trying for the last couple of weeks are these "friendly bacteria" drinks (aka very runny yoghurt in one-gulp-size bottles). I've completed the two week challenge and they were right, I certainly can "feel the difference". In fact, I felt pretty crap this morning.

I'm sure that has nothing to do to with the numerous pints of Hobgoblin and family size pizza with garlic bread from last night...

No comments: