Monday, January 24, 2005

Never again...

It's been a "never again" day today. I always try and stick to the not-on-a-school-night rule, but this one started yesterday afternoon so I'm not sure whether it still counts or not.

Why is it so difficult to go out for a quick pint? Is it because they keep the beer really well? Or the parade of characters that come and go throughout the day? Probably both. Perhaps if I'd gone out with the intention of downing 10 pints of strong real ale I would have talked myself out of it. And I'm not sure that the large malt nightcaps contributed much to my well-being (or lack of) today either.

On a positive note, I still didn't succumb to the evil weed, so although my memory of the evening's proceedings is somewhat hazy now, I obviously still had some wits about me.

So that's it, I'm never touching another drop. Well, not before Friday anyway...

No comments: