Friday, June 29, 2007

Going where the sun shines brightly...

I've never really been one for holidays but on the occasional times I have been away (that are not business related), I've tried to make them worthwhile.

I'm now only one step away from finalising holiday plans for later this year having eventually managed to book my train tickets online tonight. Apparently you can only book them twelve weeks in advance, but it's done now and all I have to do is wait for the postman to deliver them. Once the postal strike is over. Gulp.

The last thing to get sorted is my international driving permit, which only lasts for three months so I've had to wait until such time as it would be valid until I return. Passport pics tomorrow then and off in the post on Monday.

Where am I heading? Well I'll be taking a short taxi ride, a train journey, a couple of flights, over 4000 miles of (shared) driving, visiting two countries, nine states through countless towns and cities before taking planes, trains and automobiles back home again.

As I said, don't do holidays often so now I'm finally being tempted away, I might as well make it a good 'un...

2 comments:

Cherrypie said...

Who are you sharing the driving with? What will you be driving? Where?

Do you need an International Driving Licence? I've always just shown my ordinary one but then I've probably never been anywhere as exotic as you are headed.

I want a holiday.

Seany said...

I'm hoping to get a least a couple more posts out of this holiday so don't worry, there will be plenty more detail before it all happens in September!