Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Winter's arrived then...

I woke up this morning and switched on the news to hear the first murmurs of panic that winter weather was on it's way.

Sure enough, I saw a brief flurry of snow as I drove out of the village this morning and as predicted, there was light covering ice and snow to be seen on some of the hedgerows as I drove across the Wolds. Agreed, you could say it looked rather like a picture postcard; you could also say that it offers a similarly appropriate driving surface as a picture postcard.

I guess it provides an opportunity for the media to divert their attention to from global warming to poor traffic conditions for a couple of days, but personally, I'm suitably convinced that the potential for winter weather still exists and I'm ready to see some sunshine again...

No comments: