Sunday, January 21, 2007

Don't shoot the messenger...

...although it has been hugely tempting to put my foot through the screen whilst trying to set up Windows Messenger video calls today.

Finally, thanks to Skype, I managed to have a clear video call with Little Sis and family this afternoon with the speed, reaction and clarity of a normal telephone call but with the bonus of video. Oh, and for free - watch those phone bills some tumbling down.

Yes, I have heard about alledged security compromises with Skype, but lets face it, if it's safe enough to be authorised for use at work, it's certainly going to be ok for any of the drivel I'll be communicating.

Anyway, must go. I've just put Steve onto it in Toronto so we could be up for some transatlantic chat any minute now...

No comments: