Thursday, December 14, 2006

I don't understand it...

I got to leave work early tonight (and that doesn't mean less late)
It cost nothing more than around half an hour of my time
Most of that time was spent chatting with friendly nurses
They gave me a free drink and chocolate biscuit
Best of all, there's a very good chance I saved someone's life tonight

The only disappointment was how quiet it was- what do people want?
Tonight was my 34th donation which could account for 34 lives.
Or perhaps you'd rather think of it as more than:
The top three premiership football teams?
Three cricket teams?
A couple of rugby teams?
The artists in 9 of the current top 10 albums?
(No. 9 is a male voice choir)
What about a generously sized class of schoolchildren?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for praise, I just want to stress how much real difference you can make to peoples lives without considerable sacrifice on your part.

Please give it some thought and click the picture of Billy for more information or details of the next session near you.


I make no apology for posting something similar every four months, next tattoo permitting of course...

No comments: