Saturday, October 01, 2005

So now I'm back...

From outer space,
You just surfed in to find me here,
With that smug look upon my face...

Yes folks, Seany's back online at long last courtesy of his new Asus A6k. Not without the prerequisite drama of course.

I ordered it online a couple of weeks ago and was more than a little surprised a couple of days later when the order confirmation arrived to discover that it would not be despatched until 26th September. Very generously, I decided that this must be the time required to build and thoroughly check the machine before they sent it out so I didn't pursue the matter any further.

27th September came and went with no delivery and after a couple of phone calls (and several hours listening to their machine telling me how important my call was) I discovered that they would not be able to despatch now before 10th October. Oh and did I mention the £39 delivery charge? For a four week delivery? Unsuprisingly I suggested that they cancel my order as for that price I should fully expect Elvis Presley to ride into town on a unicorn to hand deliver the item.

Wednesday night, I managed to find the exact same machine, £60 cheaper with free bag, mouse, 1gb flash drive and next day delivery. The moral of the story? Don't buy anything from Mesh Computers, do check out the Asus Laptop site if you're thinking of buying one.

So now I have a few days to look forward to re-installing all of the rubbish I had on the old machine and also of course, I must get that drumkit set up and tested...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a baaaaargain!

Anonymous said...

I keep hearing a banging noise...What is it? It's not my beating heart, I've put my picture of Sarah Beany away....
Dec

Anonymous said...

Ah welcome back to the land of the lazy lol. New poota aye...hmmm..mefinks work must be paying too much !

Mine's a Guinness ;)

Seany said...

Thanks for the comments guys - it's good to be back!

Pete - a great baaaaaaargain, but what else would you expect? It's the laptop equivalent of a Burlington Coat Company tee shirt

Dec - I've heard that it is not uncommon to experience a beating sensation just before putting away a picture of the lovely Sarah

Fil - Paying me far too much, it's a good job there's a friendly hostelry so nearby who's happy to relieve the burden

Anonymous said...

Uh...not to be picky...but...it's the Burlington Coat FACTORY...!!!

Anonymous said...

I am impressed you could remember Beaaarlington....

Seany said...

Not a bad guess considering it was 12 years ago! I always remember the place for a bright red & yellow Washington Redskins coat that me & Pete thought was disugusting and your Dad tried on!