Thursday, October 06, 2005

Seany's on the wireless...

No, don't go reaching for Granny's crystal radio set, I haven't been roped in to do the Radio Humberside quiz on the phone again for the Tap. And even though I've got the drumkit up and running (great fun incidentally), I'm a long way from any record deal that's likely to give Phil Collins a run for his money but no harm in trying eh?. Truth is, I've gone really high tech by my standards (which effectively means I've caught up with the rest of the mobile PC community) and got myself a wireless router so my laptop can now accompany my lap wherever it happens to be around the house, except perhaps for one small room, but surely people don't do they?

Ok, moving on quickly, I've got myself a real fun-packed week lined up for next week. Monday morning I drive down to Heathrow, fly out to Portugal, give a three hour presentation to sell my soul (or at least justify my existence at work) on Tuesday morning, hop on a plane & fly back after lunch to be back at work in time for a training course on Wednesday morning. Question is, when I've told them everything I know about our department and how wonderful we are, what will I say for the remaining 2 hours, 55 minutes? Should be fun!

Note to self: remember to update "30 things" list when I've returned from visiting another country...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back on the net Seany.I'll be picking your brains in the Tap about routers i.e Which is the best one for negligible pence.
Don't forget to introduce Hobgoblin to the Portuguese!!!
Dec.
By the way..word verification: To scientologists these must be the names of the ' alien souls' that infect human beings. Today mine is rzhxlkj...Tom Cruise we're watching you!

Seany said...

I like that - if I get to entertain the occasional reader and piss off Tom Cruise at the same time then my work here is done. Now where did I put that squirty microphone...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm all depends how long ya actually remain in the unmentionable small room of the house as to if it'd warrant taking in the lappy with ya hehe !