Sunday, October 30, 2005

On my travels again...

I'm all packed and ready to set off on my second Portugal trip this afternoon. We've a ridiculously early flight to catch in the morning (departure time: stupid o'clock) so we're all heading down to spend the night at an airport near the hotel.

We're there for four days this time and having checked the agenda, I'm hoping we may get to see a little more than hotel rooms and airport lounges. We certainly won't if the our cash advance for expenses is any indication.

I've been playing the Portuguese PDQ cd's in the car for the last few days (one down, three to go) and although I'm not about to become a professional translator, I think I've picked up enough to get me through without resorting to our traditionally arrogant English habit of pointing and shouting at things.

Back Friday pm after which I'll be ready for some long overdue Hobgoblin consumption so I'll probably catch up with the blog next weekend.

In the meantime, adeus...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um vidro da cerveja para mime um vidro do porto para meu pinguim por favor.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...did Dec just mention summin about beer or wine ..tis all bliddy double dutch to me lol. Hope ya had a good ole time ye world traveller ewe ;)

See ya in the Tap dude and I'll be trying to flog ya advance tickets to go see Hayseed Dixie for the Cleethorpes gig !!

Seany said...

That must be why they fall over when the planes fly over the Falklands...