Monday, October 17, 2005

More beer and music...

Well we've just enjoyed another fun-packed weekend at the 2nd Tap and Spile Acoustic Beer Festival. The format was pretty much the same as last time with a huge array of local talent displaying their musical wares and a wide selection of local ales to help the occasion along. I'll apologise in advance for not listing all of the performers or all of the ales but as there was absolutely nothing to disappoint in either category, I don't want to risk missing one and offending somebody.

That said, some special mentions:

Si Nicholls made a welcome return with Boddington and turned out an excellent couple of sets interspersed with a number of jokes that my mother didn't really ought to be laughing at.

It's always nice at one of these events to discover new beers and this weekend I have been introduced to Fugelestou brewery based just down the road at Fulstow. They've only been brewing for a couple of years but I personally think they can give a lot of better established breweries a run for their money.

On this occasion, they were only out-done by the Bateman's Victory Ale which was in outstanding form. Weighing in at an impressive 5.9%, pale in colour but full in flavour, I'm afraid I had rather too many for a schoolnight.

Finally, it was good to see that despite the amount of alcohol consumed, that Seany character didn't attempt to entertain anyone again although I worry about about how much longer he can get away with it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...Seany...When are you gonna give us a tune...?
If I can do it with teeth rattling and knees knocking and sometime even no alcohol to calm the nerves, (blooming driving...!) I'm sure you could just manage one little insy tinsy tune?