Wednesday, June 21, 2006

As the nights draw in...

So today marks the summer solstice and therefore, the longest day of the year. Well I don't know about you but mine's certainly been a bloody drag.

I'm never entirely sure whether I should be marking the occasion because after all, for the next six months I'll have to find a diminishing number of excuses every day for not getting things done in the remaining daylight hours. Not that I'm accountable to anyone other than myself but I have to self justify my natural laziness sometimes.

It so happens that the neighbours are away today so perhaps I should erect a monilith in the back garden and although I've missed this morning's opportunity, I could convey my thanks for all things earthly by dancing around joyfully (suitably dressed or otherwise) as the longest day draws to a close.

Somewhat reminiscent of one of the council complaints letters that Jasper Carrott used to read out in his show "I'm writing to complain about the man next door who has an unsightly erection in his garden"...

3 comments:

delcatto said...

Skyclad I think is the requisite dress for the occasion...and a black cat.
You could have your own Glastonbury festival whilst the neighbours are away.

Seany said...

Hmmm... black cat, on my shoulder, perhaps a tattoed gown, you know, like the people of the Beltane? This all sounds very familiar...

delcatto said...

I toad you that old joke would make 'em groan but I just newt you would tell it.