Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Flash, bang, whallop, water picture...

This weekend I'm off to the cinema. What am I watching? Not sure yet. Who am I taking? That would be telling. Anyway, the point is that I'm off to the pictures for the first time in a long time.

Admittedly, I didn't go for years because I dreaded the thought of sitting there for a couple of hours unable to light up a cigarette. Not really an excuse for the last two and a half years though.

The last time I went to cinema? Well Little Sis had just finished working at a shop and was having a leaving party to which she was kind enough to invite me and my mate Nick. OK, not everyone would drive over 260 miles for a party, but I can't help who I am. Seeing as the taxi fare home would have been a bit tasty for one night out, we made a weekend of it and on the following night all went to Port Solent where we decided to take in a film.

The other three really wanted to see some Batman rubbish or other, but I had bigger (wish I could say better) ideas - on one of the other screens was the most expensive movie ever made (at the time). I obviously made quite a convincing argument "Imagine how awesome this film must be if they've spent so many millions of dollars on it".

In the 12 years since, I've had to live under the shadow of guilt that I robbed them of two hours and sixteen minutes of their lives that they will never get back. All for the utter pile of shite that went by the name of Waterworld.

The nachos were excellent though...

4 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

The New Harry Potter is out.....

Seany said...

Queues permitting.

Originally it was going to be Shrek 3 but the irony of watching that accompanied by a petite female was not lost entirely on me...

delcatto said...

HP for us this weekend - arm twisted by the 'ahem' youngsters - E. and No1 son (she's not that young at nearly 29!).

Petite female?

Karate Jim said...

Waterworld. Yes, I remember, so shite I saw it twice, the 2nd time it was "vater vorld" as I endured it in Germany! Around the same time as My Private Idaho (What the f%*@ was that about?!)

Got to be Harry Potter for this weekend. I am actually considering going to see it myself! I don't think it's quite 12 years since going to the cinema (do people still really call it "the pictures?!) but it is long overdue!

Enjoy it. And I am phoning you to find out who the mystery lady is?!