Sunday, November 20, 2005

Tempus Fugit...

Or rather Seany flies, as we're heading off to Portugal again in the the morning and once again at stupid o'clock. At least the weather looks something more like this time; every visit so far has been accompanied by torrential rain.

So with a bit of luck by mid week we'll be either sat back relaxing, knocking back a few caipirinhas, or fretting away in some dreary little office knocking back the espressos to try and stay awake. I think we all know which is the most likely.

Either way, Wednesday celebrates this blog's first birthday so I thought I'd start the celebrations a little early.



So, Happy Birthday Blog. Who would have thought we would make it this far?

Truth to tell, celebrations actually started earlier still as I went out for few "farewell to real ale for a few days" pints yesterday. Although the usual Hobgoblin was not available, it afforded us the opportunity to try a new one (to us) from the local Fuglestou Brewery that we discovered during the beer festival last month. Robert the Bursar Stout coming in at 4.8% is a deliciously creamy brew with a smokey yet chocolatey (I don't care if it's a real word or not) flavour.

In the meantime I guess I'll have to resort back to the Super Bock Stout for a few days...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They had stout on and you didn't ring me and let me know! I might have missed Harry Potter for that. Em

Anonymous said...

tsk-tsk...ya should be drinking Guinness - it's good for you lol !

ps was good gig in the Hope&Anchor t'other night :)