Wednesday, February 27, 2008

No great shakes...

Can you believe it? Last summer I travelled thousands of miles including a couple of nights in California where despite it being the earthquake capital of the world, I managed to sleep through the best it had on offer.

If I'd only been patient and waited a few months, I would have been stirred from my slumbers and had the fillings shaken from my teeth under my very own roof.

But then I would also have been denied my recent opportunity of watching the red carpet arrivals at the Oscars and knowing what a dump lies [not very far] beneath the glitz on the surface.

And of course, I would have missed out on the scenery, the weather, the food, the warm welcome. Yes, I'm afraid there are plenty of times where our little part of the world doesn't quite measure up...

No comments: