Monday, December 17, 2007

A near miss...

A few weekends ago I was checking my bank balance online and saw to my horror that I'd gone overdrawn a couple of days earlier. As a would-be good customer I dashed straight into town to pay some cash in over the counter then rang them as soon as I got back to apologise profusely and beg that another pending direct debit would still be honoured. He assured me that it would, I offered my sincere thanks and we both went happily about our respective businesses.

So I don't think it's unreasonable that I was a bit pissed off to open my statement tonight and find they were trying to charge me nearly seventy quid for my two-day oversight. So I rang them and we had a little chat. The guy at the other end went scurrying off to talk to his boss before coming back and assuring me that he would reverse the charges. I should think so too, the greedy bastards.

Far from the sort of robin I usually associate with the time of year...

No comments: